The end of the year is fast approaching and the
Elizabeth Fry Society of Manitoba wants to end it on a high note!
If you would like to donate, please visit our Canada Helps donation page. For information about becoming a member of EFSM or if you are interested in donating items from our wishlist, you can find information on those things here.
Make your donation by December 31st to receive a tax receipt for any donation over $20!
***EFSM is in need of winter items***
-New underwear in all sizes
-Shoes appropriate for winter
-Mitts, gloves, toques
We are also in need of clock radios and portable radios.
Thank you for your support!
Enhancing the Self-Worth of Women in the Criminal Legal System
|Our Mission Statement:
|To Empower, provide support, advocacy and guidance to women who are involved in the criminal justice system.
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Manitoba (EFSM) Inc. was established as an independent non-profit organization in 1983 to address the unique needs of women in the provincial and federal justice system.
We provide advocacy, access to resources and support to families of women who are in conflict with the law. Some of the issues our clientele struggle to overcome are addiction, poverty, mental health issues, marginalization, racism, long-term effects of residential schools and other forms of discrimination.
Some of the programs and resources we offer include:
We target women who are at risk of becoming -or have been- involved with the criminal justice system. We also serve women interested in returning to Manitoba or relocating to the province of Manitoba upon their release.
- Bail Verification and Supervision Program - Supervision and support for women charged with offences
- Women for Change Program - Anger management
- Stoplifting Program - Addresses and explores the reasons why women shoplift or commit fraud
- Transitional Housing - Bridging the gap between homelessness and independent living
- Reading Stories Project - Connecting institutionalized women with their children through reading
- Clothing Depot - Providing 'release packages’ to women who have recently been released
- The Womens’ Books for Prisoners Project - Books are donated by members of the community
|According to the Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies:
We aim to increase the availability of community-based, publicly funded, social service, health and educational resources available for marginalized, victimized, criminalized and imprisoned women.
Please contact us for more information.
click to donate